Special Features of the Myanmar Humanitarian Hospice
- Effective symptoms control in advanced cancer
- Palliative care addresses appropriate therapy. At this stage our focus shifts to quality of life not quantity.Issues cannot be addressed satisfactorily if there is pain or physical distress;
- Pain control is our paramount concern. Use of non-opiods, aspirin, paracetamol and opiods codeine and morphine generously contributed by the State.
- Beautiful and spacious settings, landscaping on5 acres of land in Yangon and Mandalay. Relative exercises for the patients and their spiritual needs are taken care of.
- There are Buddhist Prayer Rooms,Christian Chapel, and electronic system in all wards for religious tapes are available. Religious pilgrim trips for patients to several famous pagodas, Buddhists prayer meetings with Reverend monks are held frequently.
- The patient is granted one attendant with full facilities of nursing staff and doctors.
- Bereavement, burial costs are borne by the Hospice. Sermons and burial rites are provided.
- Patients wishing to donate their bodies and retina of their eyes are arranged accordingly
- Buddhist monks and nuns are cared for as patients and separate from lay person.
- Novitiating ceremony are carried out to fulfill the wishes of the patients.
- Cash assistance to bereaved families as required.
- Music therapy at the center. Entertainment by famous actors and vocalists to uplift the patients’ morale.
Touching Lives and Heart through our hospices Loving Care
Support the Terminally ill cancer
No.(2), Highway Road, East Dagon Township, Yangon. Tel: +951-2585134
No.(64-B), Shwegon Plaza,Shwegondine, Bahan Township, Yangon. Tel: +951-541495
Mandalay Yankin Taung Road, East Moat, Patheingyi Township, Mandalay. Tel: +952-57011